The candidate will be responsible for ensuring compliance with safety basis requirements for nuclear facilities, accelerator facility, and radiological facilities.
Provide hazard categorization and inventory management support to researchers and facility management organizations associated with radiological facilities.
- Provide technical safety support for laboratory divisions, nuclear facilities, and accelerator facilities in accordance with internal procedures and standards.
- Provide technical safety related support for the operation of hazard categories of the nuclear facilities, accelerator facilities, and cuclear experiments, processes, and activities.
- Perform, document, and maintain technical safety analyses for new and existing hazardous nuclear facilities and activities and accelerator facilities to include: hazard identification, hazard categorization, hazard analysis, accident analysis, and establishment of hazard controls and their functional requirements.
- Coordinate with operators and regulators to achieve and maintain approval of compliant safety basis documentation.
- Understand the clients requirements and guidance in order to assist in the development and implementation of safety basis analysis of policies, practices, and procedures.
- Evaluating modifications, experiments, operations, and safety basis documentation.
- Provide technical support to include: the performance or revision of nuclear critical safety evaluations, modeling and evaluation of fissionable material configurations using the SCALE and MCNP computer code packages, participation in audits and assessments of fissionable material operations, and the development and presentation of nuclear critical safety training.
As an Engineer III, the candidate must have Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or engineering discipline plus a minimum of twenty years of relevant experience in nuclear facility safety, accelerator safety, nuclear facility hazard categorization, and/or nuclear critical safety. Knowledge of hazard categorization and facility safety analysis techniques